Here are some tips to prepare your premises for this spring season.
Spring has now arrived, we even got a glimpse into what is hopefully to come last week, but in true British fashion the sun didn’t hang around long. 🌤
Failing to be proactive leaves your premises susceptible to costly repairs, system failures, and lapsed compliance.
On a warm day, you don’t need your AC unit failing, in fact, it is most likely the last thing you’re hoping will happen. During winter it’s likely your AC system has been sitting collecting dust and debris, a thorough check will assist in preventing failure at a later date incurring costly repairs.
Completing the following ensures your unit is in good order:
- Filter change
- Check belt for wear
- Clean the coils
- Recharge your unit at required intervals
How your facility looks can impact your customers perception. A well-maintained landscape and frontage will give your premises a more welcoming and professional feel. As the weather warms up consider some of the below points to ensure your building is looking as good as it can be:
- Check for blown windows/units
- Clear drains & gutters from Autumn & Winter debris
- White lining
- Bollard/Barrier installation
- Exterior painting
- Planting new trees, shrubs, or flowers
Roof Repair & Maintenance
A roof that is damaged could potentially be causing untold damage to your building internally, from leaks and missing tiles to more serious structural damage. For these reasons alone your roof should be on your list to check this spring and checked annually.
With the battering the United Kingdom took with storm Eunice in February it’s important that now the weather is looking up that no damage has been missed and if so, is rectified accordingly.
Car Parks & Walkways
This point is one we see year after year, with the toll winter can take on hard surfaces it’s vital to ensure the damage caused is rectified.
Spring is the ideal time to arrange getting your car parks and walkways in order:
- Fill potholes and cracks
- Resurfacing if necessary
- Refresh faded white lining
- Refresh signage if damaged or worn.
Whilst you’re checking…
It’s important to consider other factors within your premises, here are a few that we would recommend
- Inspect Lighting to ensure all are in working order, also consider upgrading to LED.
- Keep carbon monoxide detectors updated and regularly maintained.
- Ensure fire extinguishers, fire doors and escapes are up to standard and usable in the case of a fire.
- Compliance checks, for example, PAT testing & Legionella.
Now all we can hope for is the return of the sunshine, if you have any questions or queries regarding how FPM can assist you with preparing your facility for Spring don’t hesitate to get in touch.
📞 01582 484020